- 1 1/2 cups milk (any percentage dairy milk or any non-dairy milk)
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot brewed strong coffee or espresso
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon
In a small saucepan, combine the milk, pumpkin, sugar, spice, and vanilla over medium-high heat. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Whisk vigorously until it starts to froth, about 1 minute. For a more frothy consistency, use an immersion blender or electric mixer to beat the milk mixture until the desired frothy consistency. Divide the milk mixture between two large mugs.
Slowly pour about 1/2 cup coffee into each mug. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Serve.