- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup toffee bits (such as Heath)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, butter, and unsweetened chocolate. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute then stir. Continue heating in 30-second bursts, stirring between each burst, until the mixture is melted and smooth but not scorched. Remove from the microwave and let cool slightly.
Stir in the sugar. Stir in the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Stir in the flour and then the toffee bits, mixing until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake until a tester comes out with moist crumbs still attached, 35 to 40 minutes. Do not overbake. Let cool to room temperature. Serve at room temperature or chilled.