There’s nothing worse than spending all this time making and decorating the perfect cupcakes, only to have them stick to the liners and turn into a big disappointing mess. Talk about frustrating!
I’m going to show you a few simple tricks to show you exactly How to Prevent Cupcake Liners from Sticking. The video covers everything you need to know, and I’ve also summarized my tips for you below.
How to Prevent Cupcake Liners from Sticking:
1. Use high quality liners. Look up reviews online to see if anyone has a problem with sticking.
2. Use a high quality baking pan, it doesn’t have to be expensive but make sure it gets solid reviews.
3. Spray them with nonstick cooking spray or brush with a little melted butter (spray over the dishwasher to avoid a mess).
4. Slide a deeper baking pan filled with water into the bottom rack of your oven. The added moisture prevents sticking.
5. Allow the cupcakes to cool for a few minutes in the pan then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling. The residual heat can cause the liner to stick.
6. Let the cupcakes cool completely before removing the wrappers. Pop the cupcakes in the fridge for an hour to ensure they’re cool and will release.
If they’re already stuck:
Put the cupcakes upside-down in the microwave under a wet paper towel for 15 seconds. Easy!
I share trusted baking recipes your friends will LOVE alongside insights into the science of sweets. I'm a professionally trained chef, cookbook author, and cookie queen. I love to write about all things sweet, carb-y, and homemade. I live in Phoenix, Arizona (hence the blog name!)
© Handle the Heat - handletheheat.com
Join the Handle the Heat Community
Instead of digging through cookbooks and magazines and searching the internet for amazing recipes, subscribe to Handle the Heat to receive new recipe posts delivered straight to your email inbox. You’ll get all the latest recipes, videos, kitchen tips and tricks AND my *free* Cookie Customization Guide (because I am the Cookie Queen)!