Peanut Butter S’mores Blondies
Yield: 16 blondies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
Tessa's Recipe Rundown...
Taste: Signature s’mores flavor that we all know and love, with the marvelous addition of butterscotch and peanut butter flavors.
Texture: The texture is indescribably awesome. Chewy, ooey, gooey, crunchy goodness.
Ease: Easy stuff!
Appearance: Messy but oh so mouthwatering.
Pros: Amazing twist on s’mores that everyone will love.
Cons: Sugar overload!
Would I make this again? Absolutely.
As a chef, recipe developer, or food blogger, you always look out for certain reactions when people taste your food. Everyone always tries to be nice and polite, of course, but you can’t fake the enthusiasm, surprise, and joy people naturally express when they eat something they absolutely adore.
I’m excited to report that’s exactly the reaction that occurred when Jared and I took our first bites into these Peanut Butter S’mores Blondies. The idea for these blondies came from an intense craving I had for s’mores. I wanted to make some sort of s’mores goodie, and I wanted it to be relatively quick and easy in a bar form. I had the idea to stuff s’mores fix-ins between two layers of blondie dough, but wasn’t sure if it would work out. After just a bite Jared literally said, “This is one of the best things you’ve ever made.”
That is music to my ears! I knew I had to share this recipe with you guys ASAP, if you’ve got any s’mores lovers or peanut butter lovers in the family they will adore these Peanut Butter S’mores Blondies. The blondie itself is so beautifully chewy with a perfect balance of sweet butterscotch and nutty peanut butter flavors. That combined with the sticky, gooey, and crunchy s’mores filling is to die for.
The bars are a little messy, but in the best possible way. To get cleaner cuts, refrigerate the bars before cutting. You can microwave them to get that wonderfully gooey middle.
Peanut Butter S’mores Blondies
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (14 ounces) brown sugar, preferably dark brown
- 1/2 cup (4.8 ounces) peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (11.25 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 XL-sized Hershey's milk chocolate bars
- 1 1/2 cups (7 1/2-ounce jar) marshmallow crème
- 4-5 whole graham crackers
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch pan with foil, leaving an overhang on all sides, then spray with nonstick baking spray.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter. Allow to cool while combining the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the eggs to the cooled peanut butter mixture, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared dry ingredients, and stir to create a thick, smooth batter.
4. Divide the dough in half and press half into the prepared pan, spreading evenly to the edges of the pan. Place the graham crackers then the chocolate bars over the dough. Spread the marshmallow crème evenly over the chocolate.
Scoop out balls of the remaining dough and flatten completely. Top the marshmallow crème evenly with the flatten dough to cover completely.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden and the edges are slightly browned. Allow to cool in the pan. Cut into 1-2 inch squares and serve.
© Handle the Heat - handletheheat.com
Join the Handle the Heat Community
Instead of digging through cookbooks and magazines and searching the internet for amazing recipes, subscribe to Handle the Heat to receive new recipe posts delivered straight to your email inbox. You’ll get all the latest recipes, videos, kitchen tips and tricks AND my *free* Cookie Customization Guide (because I am the Cookie Queen)!