- 3 cups chilled leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled into 1/2-inch pieces (you can also use cubes of leftover ham!)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten and divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Salt, for sprinkling
- Sour cream, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a large bowl, stir together the mashed potatoes, green onion, cheese, bacon, 1 egg, flour, pepper, and garlic powder until combined.
Roll into balls roughly 1 1/2-inches in size. Place the beaten egg in a shallow pan. Place the panko in a shallow pan. Dip each potato ball in the egg then cover completely in bread crumbs. Place on a greased baking sheet and spray briefly with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until crisp on the outside. It may not brown very much but will still get crispy.
Serve alongside sour cream garnished with additional chopped green onions.