- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 cup full-flavored beer, such as Blue Moon
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with pepper and salt. Add the chicken to the pan and saute for about 6 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and tent loosely with aluminum foil.
Add the shallots to the pan and cook for about 1 minute, or until translucent. In a small measuring glass or bowl whisk together the beer, soy sauce, mustard, and honey. Add the beer mixture to the pan and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Return chicken to pan and sprinkle with parsley before serving.