- 1 head of romaine lettuce, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 ear of corn, husk and silk removed
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 12 extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head of butter lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
Drizzle the romaine lettuce, corn, zucchini, and shrimp with olive oil to coat. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Grill the romaine, turning occasionally, until crisp-tender and browned in spots, about 2 minutes. Grill the corn and zucchini for 2 minutes on all sides until crisp-tender. Grill the shrimp for about 2 minutes on each side, until opaque and cooked through.
Coarsely chop the grilled lettuce and place in a large salad bowl. Use a large sharp knife to remove kernels from the corn and add to salad bowl. Chop grilled zucchini and add to bowl along with the shrimp. Add the butter lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado to the bowl.
In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.