- 2 3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 3/4 cups coarsley chopped white chocolate (10 ounces)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter and sugars on medium-high speed until creamy and pale, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and yolk, one at a time, until incorporated. Scrap down sides of bowl as needed. Add vanilla and molasses, beating until combined. Add flour mixture on low speed. Stir in white chocolate.
Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake until golden on edges, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into 2-inch squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.