For the crust:
- 20 mint Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
For the mint chocolate chip ice cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green gel food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
For the chocolate ganache:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch spring-form pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the cookies until finely ground. Add the melted butter and pulse until moistened. Press the crumb mixture into the prepared pan, using the bottom of a measuring cup to press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes then cool completely. Cover and freeze the crust until ready to use.
For the ice cream:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ice cream ingredients except the chocolate chips until the sugar is dissolved. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. About 5 minutes before the ice cream is done churning, add the chocolate chips.
- Spread the ice cream into the pie crust. Press plastic wrap against the surface of the ice cream and freeze for at least one hour, or until firmed.
For the topping:
- Place the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Place the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Pour the cream over the chocolate and add the butter. Let stand for 3 minutes before stirring until smooth and shiny. Let cool slightly before pouring over the ice cream. Freeze until firmed. The pie can be stored wrapped in plastic in the freezer for up to 1 week. The colder the pie is, the easier to will be to cut nice clean pieces of pie.