- 1 16- ounce French baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut bread in half horizontally. Mix together the butter, garlic, parsley, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and cayenne powder in a small bowl.
Spread butter evenly mixture over each half of bread. Place on a large baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. If using Parmesan cheese, remove bread from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Change oven setting to broil and broil bread for 1 to 2 minutes, or until toasted.
Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes before slicing.