- 1 pound strawberries, washed and dried thoroughly
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening, divided
- 3 ounces white (and/or milk chocolate), chopped
- Chocolate chips, nuts or sprinkles for coating, optional
- Place the semisweet chocolate and 3/4 teaspoon coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring between each burst, until just melted. Be careful not to overheat.
- Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Insert a toothpick into the strawberry’s stem, pushing the leaves upward, and dip into the semisweet chocolate, coating completely. Tapping the toohpick, let the excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. If desired, dip into a shallow bowl of chocolate chips, nuts, or sprinkles. Set the strawberry on the parchment, sliding forward slightly and continue with the remaining strawberries. If the chocolate becomes too cool and firm at any point simply reheat in the microwave.
- Place the white chocolate and 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring between each burst, until just melted. Be careful not to overheat. Remove the white chocolate to a ziptop bag and snip a very small hole in one corner. Drizzle the white chocolate over the strawberries.
- Let the strawberries set before serving, about 30 minutes at room temperature or 15 minutes in the fridge.