- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha, or other hot sauce
- 2 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, marmalade, mustard, paprika, and Sriracha in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook until sugar is dissolved and mixture has thickened. Transfer half the sauce to a small bowl for basting and keep remaining sauce warm over low heat until ready to serve.
Meanwhile, prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350°-450°F).
Season chicken breasts to taste with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken, smooth side down first, covered over direct medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip chicken and, using a basting brush, brush chicken with some of the reserved sauce. Cover and grill for another 4 to 6 minutes. Flip chicken again, brush with sauce, cover, and grill for another 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken registers an internal temperature of 165°F.
Remove chicken to a platter and brush with additional reserved sauce. Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm with remaining sauce in saucepan.