- 1 loaf (about 13 ounces) French, Italian, or Challah bread, cut into cubes
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk (any kind)
- 1 15- ounce can (1 3/4 cups) pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 13- ounce jar Nutella, plus more for drizzling
Grease a 13-by-9-inch or similarly sized baking pan.
Place half of the bread cubes in the prepared pan. In a large bowl whisk together all the remaining ingredients except the Nutella until very well combined. Pour half of the egg-milk mixture over the bread.
Place the Nutella in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave until pourable. Pour the Nutella over the bread and smooth to spread evenly. Place the remaining bread cubes over the Nutella. Top with the remaining egg-milk mixture to cover completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Drizzle with additional melted Nutella, if desired. Slice and serve warm.