- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin puree. Beat until very well combined. Continue beating, gradually adding the remaining pumpkin puree, until completely incorporated. Add the honey and vanilla and beat until thick and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Serve or store in the fridge in an airtight container. Bring to room temperature before using.