Waldorf Chicken Wrap
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Tessa's Recipe Rundown...
Taste: Slightly tangy, sweet, nutty, fresh.
Texture: Creamy, crunchy, tender, juicy, crisp.
Ease: Comes together in less than 10 minutes (just use leftover roast chicken or grilled chicken).
Pros: Light, simple, easy, energizing.
Cons: Salad doesn’t keep well in the fridge.
Would I make this again? I’ve made this a few times for lunch in the past months.
Waldorf Chicken Wrap
Waldorf Chicken Wrap is the perfect quick, easy, transportable, and light healthy lunch recipe you’ll turn to again and again!
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt or 3/4 cups nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1 pound cooked, skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes, sliced in 1/2
- 1/4 cup toasted, coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced (about 3/4 cup)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 large leaves Romaine lettuce, rinsed and patted dry
- 5 whole-wheat wraps, about 8 inches in diameter
If using regular yogurt place the yogurt in a strainer lined with a paper towel. Put the strainer over a bowl and place in the refrigerator to drain and thicken for 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the thickened or Greek-style yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and thyme until smooth. Fold in chicken, grapes, walnuts and apples. Season with pepper.
Place 1 lettuce leaf on a wrap. Spoon about 3/4 cup of the chicken filling onto wrap and roll wrap around filling.
To toast walnuts, place whole walnuts in a small skillet over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, moving often, until fragrant. Alternatively, bake on a sheet pan in a 350-degree oven for 8-10 minutes, until fragrant.
© Handle the Heat - handletheheat.com
Join the Handle the Heat Community
Instead of digging through cookbooks and magazines and searching the internet for amazing recipes, subscribe to Handle the Heat to receive new recipe posts delivered straight to your email inbox. You’ll get all the latest recipes, videos, kitchen tips and tricks AND my *free* Cookie Customization Guide (because I am the Cookie Queen)!