- 4 small acorn squash, halved and seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted, pistachios, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- pinch red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Brush squash with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast cut-side down on two baking sheets until tender and caramelized, 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil in a small pot. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Let cool, then fluff with a fork. In a large bowl combine quinoa, parsley, feta, pistachios, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Divide filling among squash.