Posted by https://www.handletheheat.com/spicy-thai-coconut-chicken-soup/
© 2012 Handle the Heat. All rights reserved.
Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cups light coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pot. Add mushrooms, pepper, ginger, and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chile paste and cook for another minute.
Add chicken stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, and lime juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add chicken to pot and cook 1 minute, or until heated through. Pour soup into bowls and garnish with green onion and cilantro.