- 30 frozen phyllo cups (2 15-count packages)
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot or onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the phyllo cups on a large baking sheet and set aside.
Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and season with salt and pepper. Saute until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly.
Add the spinach, feta, parsley, egg, nutmeg, and lemon zest, stirring to combine. Spoon the mixture into the phyllo cups and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot.
To make in advance freeze the cooked cups for up to 1 month. Reheat from frozen (do not thaw) in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes, or until warmed.