- 3/4 cup long-grain brown rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 3/4 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated (1 cup)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise, ribs and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallion whites and beef and cook, breaking the beef up, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the corn, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, cooked rice, 1/2 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Remove from heat.
Arrange the bell peppers, cut-side up, in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Divide the beef mixture among the bell peppers, add 1/2 cup water to the bottom of the dish, cover tightly with foil, and bake until the bell peppers are soft, 30 to 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and bake until browned, 5 to 7 minutes more.
In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt and 1/4 cup of water. Drizzle over the bell peppers and top with scallion greens before serving.