- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup room temperature organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the coconut oil, applesauce, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla. On low speed, gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, or until light brown. Let cool on wire racks.