- 12 ounces whole wheat penne
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 ounces hard salami slices, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet. Add the salami and cook for 3 minutes, or until browned. Turn off the heat and add the spinach, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook until the spinach is wilted down and the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Add the salami, spinach, and garlic to the pasta along with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add in the parsley, onions, and feta and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.