- 2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted overnight in the refrigerator
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Roll out each puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured work surface into a 10x12-inch size. Beat egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush onto the surface of the pastry.
In a small bowl combine cheeses, rosemary, salt, and a pinch of pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over pastry sheets. Gently press mixture into sheets. Slice sheets into thin strips using a pizza wheel or floured knife. Twist each strip and lay on prepared baking sheets.
Bake 10-15 minutes, until browned and puffed. Turn each straw and bake for another 2 minutes. Cool and serve at room temperature.