- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 small red chile, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 oz grilled chicken breast, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Place quinoa in a small saucepan with 3/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, undisturbed, until quinoa absorbs water, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and leave uncovered.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook carrot, stirring occasionally, until it softens, about 1 minute. Add bell pepper, ginger, garlic and chile, if desired; cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Add peas, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
Remove vegetables and return skillet to heat; add quinoa, along with egg. Cook, stirring constantly, until egg is evenly distributed, about 2 minutes. Add vegetables, chicken, scallions, cilantro and soy sauce; cook 1 minute more.
Divide stir-fry among 4 bowls; serve warm.