- 4 links Italian sausage (sweet, mild, or spicy)
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 medium zucchini or 1 large zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 yellow squash, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs or herbes de Provence
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausages
- 1 pound farfalle (bowtie pasta)
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Place sausage links on a small baking sheet.
On a large heavy baking sheet, toss all of the vegetables with the oil, salt, pepper, and dried herbs to coat. Bake the vegetables and sausage at the same time until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown, stirring after the first 10 minutes, about 20-25 minutes total. Bake sausage until cooked through. Let sausage cool slightly before slicing.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
Toss the pasta with the vegetable mixture and sausage in a large bowl to combine. Toss with the cherry tomatoes and enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve immediately.