- • 20 chocolate wafer cookies
- • 2 tablespoons sugar
- • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- • 1/2 cup sour cream
- • ¼ cup brown sugar
- • ¼ cup granulated sugar
- • 1 cup nutella
- • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- • ½ teaspoon vanilla
- • 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- • 1 large egg
- • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- • 2 teaspoons Frangelico (hazlenut liquor)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line the inside of an 8 inch square metal pan with non-stick foil. Using a food processor, pulse sugar and cookie crumbs until finely ground. Add butter and pulse until moistened and similar to the consistency of wet sand. Press mixture into bottom of pan.
2. Wipe processor bowl clean and add cream cheese and sour cream; process until smooth, scraping side of bowl as needed, then add both sugars, Nutella, cocoa powder, vanilla and espresso powder; process until well mixed. Scrape sides of bowl and add egg and cornstarch and pulse to mix, then add Frangelico and pulse to mix again. Pour over cookie crust.
3. Bake on center rack for 35-40 minutes. Cool completely, cover, and place pan in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill. Grasp foil, lift from pan, place on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, slice into bars. For cleaner cuts, dip knife in hot water and wipe between cuts.