- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 small serrano chile, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fine sea salt
- 12 ounces wild mushrooms or chanterelles, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, preferably Mexican oregano
- 8 to rtillas (I used whole wheat flour, you could use corn)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese or authentic Cotija cheese
Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add the onion, chile, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Saute until the onions are translucent, a few minutes. Increase the heat to high, stir in the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms and deeply caramelized, stirring only once or twice.
Remove the pan from heat and add oregano and more salt if needed. Spoon mushroom mixture over warmed tortillas and sprinkle with parmesan.