- 2 (13.5 ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, raw sugar, or sugar substitute (OR about 1/2 cup agave syrup or 1/2 cup honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract OR 1 vanilla bean pod, seeded
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers' directions, about 25 minutes or until the mixture has increased in volume and resembles soft-serve ice cream. Serve immediately or for a firmer texture, remove to an airtight container with plastic wrap pressed against the surface, and freeze for at least 1 hour.