- 5 ounces vanilla wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces good-quality white chocolate, melted
For the crust:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or foil, leaving an overhang on all sides.
In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the wafer cookies, macadamia nuts, and brown sugar until finely ground. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture is moistened. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake until slightly firm, 12 to 15 minutes. Place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the filling:
Place the cream cheese in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add the sugar, eggs, lime zest, lime juice, flour, and salt and pulse until combined. Add the melted white chocolate and pulse until combined.
Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Bake at 350°F until the cheesecake is set but still slightly jiggly in the center, about 40 to 50 minutes. Do not overbake.
Place the cheesecake on a cooling rack to cool completely in pan. Cover and chill until firm, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days. Using the overhang, transfer cheesecake to a cutting board to cut into squares before serving.