- 12 small clean Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, plus extra sage leaves for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Place a potato on its flattest side on a cutting board. If your potato is too unstable, slice a thin piece off the bottom to prevent it from rolling. With a thin and sharp knife, cut slices into the potato, being careful not to cut all the way through. Repeat with remaining potatoes. Place potatoes in a rimmed baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 1 hour, or until the potatoes are tender. Remove from the oven.
Press prosciutto into potato slices (perfection isn’t necessary here). Mix together the cheese, breadcrumbs, and sage and sprinkle evenly over the potatoes. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until the topping is brown and crisp. Garnish with extra sage leaves before serving.