- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 pounds large or extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
In a small bowl combine the thyme, salt, pepper, sugar, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and cinnamon.
Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with herb and spice mixture and toss to coat evenly. Grill the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are firm and opaque in the center. Be careful not to overcook.