- 1 3/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (from about 36 cookies)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, melted, for decorating
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter, melted, for decorating
Make the crust:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine wafer crumbs, butter, and salt. Press mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or springform pan. Bake until set, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
Make the filling:
Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and salt with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla.
Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Whisk 1/3 of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, then gently fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon filling into cooled crust. Freeze, uncovered, at least 4 hours (or overnight, covered with plastic wrap).
Place melted chocolate in a resealable plastic bag. Snip tip from one corner of bag to make a very small opening. Holding bag about 5 inches above pie, drizzle melted chocolate over top. Repeat with melted peanut butter. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.