- My favorite: Whole Wheat Frozen Waffles toasted with peanut butter spread on top and sprinkled with fresh fruit (berries, banana, mango, apple, anything you like) with a glass of milk.
- Whole Wheat Pancakes slathered with yogurt and topped with fresh fruit.
- Breakfast on the go – whole grain cereal or granola with yogurt and fruit.
- Breakfast burrito with a whole wheat tortilla, scrambled eggs, avocado, black beans, sharp cheddar, and salsa.
- English muffin topped with diced tomato, shredded mozzarella, Canadian bacon, and chopped basil.
- olive oil
- 4 whole eggs plus 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cut into slices (I ate my tomato slice on the side)
- Crack eggs and egg whites into a bowl and whisk. Add chives, parsley, and cheese and stir to incorporate.
- Lightly coat skillet with olive oil. Ladle 1/4 egg mixture into skillet and cook, omelet style, until eggs are cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Slide omelet onto a plate and repeat with remaining eggs; cover with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat Canadian bacon until warm, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Toast English muffin.
- Fold omelet in to fit English muffin, then place omelet on 1 muffin half. Top with a bacon slice, then tomato, then top with other muffin half. Eat with a tall glass of fresh juice.
Check out these other healthy breakfast recipes:
I share trusted baking recipes your friends will LOVE alongside insights into the science of sweets. I'm a professionally trained chef, cookbook author, and cookie queen. I love to write about all things sweet, carb-y, and homemade. I live in Phoenix, Arizona (hence the blog name!)
© Handle the Heat - handletheheat.com
Join the Handle the Heat Community
Instead of digging through cookbooks and magazines and searching the internet for amazing recipes, subscribe to Handle the Heat to receive new recipe posts delivered straight to your email inbox. You’ll get all the latest recipes, videos, kitchen tips and tricks AND my *free* Cookie Customization Guide (because I am the Cookie Queen)!