- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie shell (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 heaping tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 (5-ounce can) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Add the evaporated milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract, whisking well to combine.
Pour the filling into the unbaked pie shell. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the filling is set around the edges but slightly jiggly in the center.
Cool the pie on a wire rack. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.