- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 avocado, skin removed and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 cups salad greens
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
For the salmon:
In a small bowl combine all the ingredients except the salmon. Coat the salmon fillets evenly on both sides with the spice mixture, pressing the mixture in so it sticks.
Heat the oil in a large heavy preferably nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the salmon and cook until blackened on one side, about 4 minutes. Carefully turn the fillets and continue cooking until the other side is blackened and the salmon is tender, flaky, but not overcooked, about another 4 minutes.
For the dressing:
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Press plastic wrap against the surface of the dressing and refrigerate until ready to use.
In a large bowl combine the salad greens, tomatoes, and cucumber. Divide the mixture among four serving bowls and top each with a salmon fillet. Drizzle with dressing. Serve.