Start your morning off right with these Sweet Crepes with Nutella & Strawberries. Rich, sweet, and fresh!
Would you believe I had never made crepes before a few weeks ago? You see, my family traveled to Paris when I was a girl and I was lucky enough to experience Parisian street crepes. I have yet to taste a crepe as scrumptious in any restaurant or stand in the U.S.. I have always wanted to try to make my own but it seemed so daunting. But a few weeks ago I was craving Nutella something fierce and a crepe seemed like the perfect vessel. So I went to the internet to find a crepe recipe and was pleasantly surprised that crepes require just a few ingredients and a short amount of time.
Taste: Rich, sweet, fresh, with the distinctive taste of Nutella. Is there anything better than Nutella?
Texture: With practice in cooking the texture of your crepes will improve. My first crepe sucked, the last ones were much better.
Ease: Way easier than most people think. Just a few ingredients and a few minutes cooking time.
Appearance: Nutella + strawberries are pretty much a work of art.
Pros: Great for breakfast, snack, or dessert. Easy to throw together & can be customized to fit your tastes.
Cons: None, except it takes a few tries to get down right.
Would I make this again? Yes! Especially with the endless flavor combinations.
How to make Sweet Crepes with Nutella & Strawberries
Yield: Serves 4
Cook: 5 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs. Gradually add in the milk, water, and butter, stirring to combine. Add the salt and flour; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot with Nutella and strawberries.
Adapted from All Recipes
Make Your Life More Delicious!
Get new recipes delivered by email and receive my *FREE* Favorite Desserts Cookbook!
© Handle the Heat - handletheheat.com