Start your morning off right with these Sweet Crepes with Nutella & Strawberries. Rich, sweet, and fresh!
Would you believe I had never made crepes before a few weeks ago? You see, my family traveled to Paris when I was a girl and I was lucky enough to experience Parisian street crepes. I have yet to taste a crepe as scrumptious in any restaurant or stand in the U.S.. I have always wanted to try to make my own but it seemed so daunting. But a few weeks ago I was craving Nutella something fierce and a crepe seemed like the perfect vessel. So I went to the internet to find a crepe recipe and was pleasantly surprised that crepes require just a few ingredients and a short amount of time.
Taste: Rich, sweet, fresh, with the distinctive taste of Nutella. Is there anything better than Nutella?
Texture: With practice in cooking the texture of your crepes will improve. My first crepe sucked, the last ones were much better.
Ease: Way easier than most people think. Just a few ingredients and a few minutes cooking time.
Appearance: Nutella + strawberries are pretty much a work of art.
Pros: Great for breakfast, snack, or dessert. Easy to throw together & can be customized to fit your tastes.
Cons: None, except it takes a few tries to get down right.
Would I make this again? Yes! Especially with the endless flavor combinations.
How to make Sweet Crepes with Nutella & Strawberries
Yield: Serves 4
Cook: 5 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs. Gradually add in the milk, water, and butter, stirring to combine. Add the salt and flour; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot with Nutella and strawberries.
Adapted from All Recipes
Make Your Life More Delicious!
Get new recipes delivered by email and receive my 10 Baking Secrets You NEED to Know - for free!
© Handle the Heat - handletheheat.com