Whip up Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter in no time for a fresh, flavorful, and fast dinner!
You guys know I love to serve salmon as an easy weeknight dinner, but for this particular recipe I knew I had to involve lemons, which seemed only natural. Why lemons? Because this post is in celebration of Liz’s virtual baby shower! Do you know Liz from The Lemon Bowl blog? You probably do because she features the simple, seasonal, and healthy recipes that helped her loose almost 60 pounds! And now her and her husband are eagerly expecting their second child. If baby number two is anything like their son, Asher, they are going to have two adorable boys on their hands!
All of us bloggers celebrating Liz’s virtual baby shower have created recipes surrounding Liz’s blog’s namesake – it’s all about lemons today! I had the pleasure of meeting Liz this past spring on a press trip for Dole to the beautiful Monterey in California (read about that here and here). We got to sit next to each other for dinner one evening where Liz let me peek at her baby monitor app on her phone where we shared a laugh while watching Asher sleep on his tummy with his little bum high up in the air, that way that babies and toddlers love to sleep that looks totally uncomfortable as a full grown human.
Be sure to check out the other amazing bloggers participating in this virtual baby shower down below, they whipped up some amazing recipes!
How to make Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter
Yield: 4 servings
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 garlic clove, minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 salmon fillets, skin on
1 tablespoon olive oil
Lemon wedges for serving, if desired
In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until thoroughly combined. Scoop the butter into a mound on a large sheet of plastic wrap. Roll the butter up into the plastic and shape into a log, twisting the ends of the plastic and folding them under to seal. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
While the butter is chilling, bring the salmon fillets to room temperature. This will ensure they cook evenly and more quickly.
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Cook, skin side down, for about 5 to 7 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until it begins to brown and the flesh turns opaque pink. Gently flip the salmon and continue cooking another 3 to 4 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove the skin before serving by gently peeling off.
Remove the salmon to serving plates. Cut 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thick rounds of the lemon herb butter and place on top of each piece of fish. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
- Whipped Feta Spread with Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary by Miss in the Kitchen
- Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” in a Lemon Cup with Smoked Paprika by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Lemon Basil Bruschetta by Dine & Dish
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries w/ Lemon Basil Aioli by What’s Gaby Cooking
- Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives by Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Kalamata Olive and Feta Dip with Baked Lemon Pepper Pita Chips by In Aggie’s Kitchen
- Creamy Asparagus Guacamole by The Healthy Apple
- Sparkling Honey Rosemary Lemonade by Nutmeg Nanny
- Basil Hibiscus Lemonade by Fabtastic Eats
- Jam Mocktails: Lemon & Pineapple by Cooking with Books
- Lemon Jalapeno Spritzers by Bev Cooks
- Sparkling Blackberry Lemonade by Crumbs and Chaos
- Limonana (Middle Eastern Frozen Mint Lemonade) by An Edible Mosaic
- Tipsy Lemonade Iced Tea by Family Fresh Cooking
- Kale Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing by Thrifty Veggie Mama
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Pistachios & Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Cookin’ Canuck
- Greek Salad with Garlic-Lemon Vinaigrette by Gimme Some Oven
- Pear Quinoa Salad by Reluctant Entertainer
- Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing by The Lean Green Bean
- Lemony Spinach & Tomato Quinoa Salad by MomAdvice
- Herbed Calamari Salad with Preserved Lemons by Everyday Maven
- Italian Lemon Roast Chicken Pot by Eat2Gather
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Cocktail Shrimp by Simply Scratch
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Tostada by A Zesty Bite
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Linguine by Taste and Tell
- Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter by Handle the Heat
- Lemon Chicken Stew by FoodieCrush
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Lemon Cream Sauce and Olive Orzo by Baker by Nature
- Honey Lemon Shortbread Cookies by Rachel Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Macarons by Chocolate & Carrots
- Lemon Glazed Cookies by A Cedar Spoon
- Healthier Lemon Bars by Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by What Megan’s Making
- Light Lemon Mousse by Country Cleaver
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Sandwiches by i am baker
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust by The Law Student’s Wife
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Chips by Seeded at the Table
© Handle the Heat - handletheheat.com