I love, love, love olive oil. I use it practically daily. I use it to saute vegetables and proteins because of its good fats and good flavor. Drizzle some over root vegetables to roast to golden, crisp perfection in the oven. Whisk it with vinegar to make a super simple salad dressing. Brush a little oil on slices of bread for bruschetta. Mix the oil with herbs and dip freshly baked bread. I even use it in baking, like this scrumptious recipe for biscuits. My olive oil love affair made it a no-brainer to say yes to Carapelli when they offered me a bottle to test and a bottle to giveaway to you guys. They have also offered a $1.00 OFF coupon at www.CarapelliUSA.com
Carapelli Olive Oil, founded in 1893 by Constantino Carapelli, is 100% Italian extra-virgin olive oil. After following the proper steps for tasting olive oil (that’s right, there are steps!), I found Carapelli’s oil to be fairly mild yet flavorful with a slight peppery taste. In case you were wondering, the steps to tasting olive oil (“The Four S’s”) are swirl, sniff, slurp, swallow. Now you know, you can annoy your friends the next time you’re at an Italian restaurant or dinner party.
Congratulations to Emily Pinto!
- Leave a comment on this post answering this question: What is your favorite way to use olive oil?
- Extra entries (leave a comment for every entry)
- Follow @handleheat on twitter (if you already follow leave an additional comment saying you already follow)
- Tweet about the giveaway mentioning @handleheat and linking with this link: http://bit.ly/tqD5Bp
- Subscribe to handletheheat.com (if you already subscribe leave an additional comment saying you already subscribe)
- Make sure to include your name and email address in every comment entry in case you win. One email address per person.
- Open to U.S. residents only
- Giveaway closes on Saturday, November 26th at 11:59pm PST.
- Winner will be chosen randomly and will be emailed. Winner has 72 hours to respond with mailing address before a new winner is chosen.
Taste: Perfectly seasoned, earthy, savory, rich, addicting.
Texture: The biscuits are slightly crumbly with a golden, crisp exterior and soft, fluffy interior.
Appearance: Rustic. I love that you can see the flecks of herbs.
Pros: Very easy yet impressive. You can substitute your favorite herbs (use a little more – 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons – for more delicate and mild herb varieties). Healthier than biscuits made with butter.
Would I make this again? Yes. Next time I might sprinkle a little Parmesan on top during baking.
|A few simple ingredients.|
How to make Olive Oil & Herb Biscuits and A GIVEAWAY
Yield: 12-14 biscuits
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Make Your Life More Delicious!
Get new recipes delivered by email and receive my 10 Baking Secrets You NEED to Know - for free!
© Handle the Heat - handletheheat.com