Eat Healthy Week 3 – Breakfast
- My favorite: Whole Wheat Frozen Waffles toasted with peanut butter spread on top and sprinkled with fresh fruit (berries, banana, mango, apple, anything you like) with a glass of milk.
- Whole Wheat Pancakes slathered with yogurt and topped with fresh fruit.
- Breakfast on the go – whole grain cereal or granola with yogurt and fruit.
- Breakfast burrito with a whole wheat tortilla, scrambled eggs, avocado, black beans, sharp cheddar, and salsa.
- English muffin topped with diced tomato, shredded mozzarella, Canadian bacon, and chopped basil.
- olive oil
- 4 whole eggs plus 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cut into slices (I ate my tomato slice on the side)
- Crack eggs and egg whites into a bowl and whisk. Add chives, parsley, and cheese and stir to incorporate.
- Lightly coat skillet with olive oil. Ladle 1/4 egg mixture into skillet and cook, omelet style, until eggs are cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Slide omelet onto a plate and repeat with remaining eggs; cover with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat Canadian bacon until warm, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Toast English muffin.
- Fold omelet in to fit English muffin, then place omelet on 1 muffin half. Top with a bacon slice, then tomato, then top with other muffin half. Eat with a tall glass of fresh juice.
Check out these other healthy breakfast recipes: