Dulce de Leche Brownies
These easy to make Dulce de Leche Brownies are rich, chocolaty, and have a subtle caramel flavor.
Happy voting day to all my American readers (to everyone else, happy Tuesday (or Wednesday!)). I hope everyone who is eligible is voting today because it is so important. How many people in the world right now have the right to vote and can execute that right without fear? Not enough. I am thankful to live in a place where I can hold on to such a wonderful right. No matter who or what you believe in – just vote! Then make these brownies.
Taste: Rich, chocolaty, with a subtle caramel flavor.
Texture: The brownie texture was a little crumbly, but the swirls of gooey dulce de leche are mouthwatering.
Ease: Fairly easy.
Appearance: Any treat that has something swirled in will look pretty, no matter how sloppy the swirls.
Pros: Interesting twist on a typical recipe.
Cons: The texture of the brownies wasn’t my favorite.
Would I make this again? Maybe after I’ve exhausted every possible topping I could swirl onto brownie batter.
Dulce de Leche Triple Chocolate Brownies
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz butter, at room temperature
- 3 Tbls Dutch-processed cocoa
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbls vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dulce de leche*
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8x8 square baking pan with an aluminum foil sling. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Put the chocolates, butter and cocoa in a medium heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water. Melt the chocolates and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. In another medium bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until combined. Whisk the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Stir in the flour with a wooden spoon until just combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, spread into the corners, and smooth out the top. Dollop spoonfuls of the dulce de leche all over the top. Take the spoon and swirl the caramel into the brownie mixture.
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a small amount of sticky crumbs clinging to it.
6. Let cool completely. Remove the foil sling from the brownie and cut in to squares.