These super quick and easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies are ultra chewy will satisfy any peanut butter-chocolate craving.
The reason I might have an unmistakable attraction to blondies could possibly be because I’m a blondie (imagine me as a kid with light blonde ringlets). Or maybe it is because when blondies are done right they are positively mouth-watering. Especially when you add peanut butter to the mix. And chocolate chips.
I’ve noticed that the popularity and availability of blondies is much like the number of natural blonde people in the population – limited. It seems that cookies and chocolate brownies rule the hand-held dessert tray. But I think these blondies deserve a spot on the dessert tray too. They are simply delicious. Make them for your family or friends, I think they’ll agree.
Taste: I love peanut butter and I love chocolate. The combination of the two is perfect.
Texture: The main reason I love brownies and blondies and cookies so much is the texture. Soft, chewy, and slightly crisp around the edges. Mmm.
Ease: Straightforward & simple directions, no need to even wait for the butter to soften.
Appearance: I’ve concluded that pretty much anything in bar-form is going to look tasty. These blondies are no exception! Especially since they are beaded with just melted chocolate chips.
Cons: None. Except maybe the sugar and butter involved. Worth it though!
Would I make this again? 100% yes.
How to make Blondie vs. Blondie
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch pan and set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter. Allow to cool while combining the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared dry ingredients, and stir to create a thick, smooth batter. Fold in half the chocolate chips, reserving the rest for sprinkling on top.
4. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, spreading the batter evenly to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with the milk chocolate chips and lightly pressing them into the batter.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden and the edges are slightly browned. Allow to cool in the pan. Cut into 1-2 inch squares and serve.
© Handle the Heat - handletheheat.com