Cookies & Cream Popcorn

Last week I posted a technique for popping popcorn on the stove-top. Today’s recipe is a sweet, sweet way to use that popped popcorn. I actually got the idea when I saw a bag of cookies and cream popcorn in the store. It was a 7 ounce bag for $8… I could definitely make that at home for much cheaper. You can too!

By the way, I just realized that I surpassed 300 posts a few days ago. Yay! That’s a lot of food, rundowns, recipes, and photos. Thanks to anyone and everyone who reads this blog, you have no idea how much each subscriber, comment, and page view means to me. Here’s to 300 more posts.

Taste: Can’t beat that sweet, crave-worthy combination of cookies and cream.
Texture: The popcorn and cookies are crunchy which the chocolate is rich and smooth.
Ease: Super duper easy.
Appearance: How could you not want to grab a handful?
Pros: Perfect sweet snack.
Cons: None.
Would I make this again? Mhmm.

Print Save

Cookies & Cream Popcorn

Ingredients:

1/3 cup popcorn kernels, popped
10-15 chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped
6 ounces white chocolate, chopped

Directions:

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Place popcorn and chopped cookies in a large bowl. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate in 30 second bursts, stirring between bursts, until smooth. Pour white chocolate over popcorn and cookies. Stir until chocolate is well-distributed. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet in one layer and let set.

Adapted from Sing for your Supper

Get my *Favorite Desserts* e-cookbook for free!

Don't miss a recipe! Sign up to get new posts delivered via email and receive a FREE E-COOKBOOK!

16 Responses to “Cookies & Cream Popcorn”

jessica @ how sweet — November 11, 2011 at 3:27 pm

oh my goodness… this is the best thing i've seen all week!

Janel — November 11, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I'm pretty sure my husband would flip if I made this. His favorite snack is popcorn, and favorite ice cream is cookies and cream. Perfection!

allison — November 11, 2011 at 3:30 pm

woahhh. adding this to my list of things i will be making as christmas gifts!

Jamie — November 11, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Love popcorn for a TV snack! This looks great

Angela @Dancer Bakes — November 11, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I am now officially craving this hardcore. Yum doesn't even begin to cover it!

Christina — November 11, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I just made caramel corn and realized I had forgotten how addicting and fun popcorn kicked up can be. This is SO on my list.

nicole {sweet peony} — November 11, 2011 at 5:51 pm

ooooh yum! this looks really good. i'm going to have to try this soon :)

Lauren — November 11, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Holy decadence… this looks incredible!!

Kara Goldsborough — November 12, 2011 at 12:22 am

Love popcorn, love chocolate cookies, love white chocolate…perfection

Dionne Baldwin — November 12, 2011 at 5:55 am

Oh my, cookies & cream is HEAVEN! I adore this popcorn and I assure you I will get to enjoy this in person soon because I'm going to make it! :)

Jana@delectablymine — November 13, 2011 at 2:10 pm

This looks like just about the best thing ever! I love Oreos, they make everything better.

Caroline — November 14, 2011 at 4:37 am

You know, what I first saw this I couldn't imagine liking sweet cookies mixed with popcorn – though it definitely looks like something that would be right up my boyfriend's alley! – but the more I look at this the more I find myself craving it! Will have to make and see :) Definitely looks like it would make a cute Christmas gift!

Tessa — November 14, 2011 at 5:35 am

I've had each of these things separate but never combined. Sounds so good!

Taylor — November 19, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I just made this last night. It was soooooo good, so so so good. Even my boyfriend, who is not into super-sweet stuff liked it! Thanks for the great recipe

hostgatorcouponclub.com — May 27, 2013 at 11:22 pm

The hosting company has garnered ample popularity in a short span of time primarily
    due to its impeccable service delivery, support and advanced resources at affordable pricing.
    With the New Year upon you, it is time to stop making excuses about
    why you aren’t making progress on your web ventures. In order to focus on the problems that matter to the development and advancement of your website, you should set up a very long lasting romantic relationship that is mutually helpful to you equally.

Tracee — June 13, 2013 at 8:31 am

Luckily there are only about 100 varieties that you
    have to choose from in the U. The role of higher consciousness and precognition has been explored in a
    series of earlier news articles concerning videographer Les Murzsa, whose extensive documentation of UFOs
    near Vancouver City Hall was evidently enabled in part by what appear to
    be inner-dimensional communications from the ETs themselves.

How does this person, who accused everyone else of
    Conflict of Interest, know anything about Threshold’s rules.