Sweet Crepes with Nutella & Strawberries

Would you believe I had never made crepes before a few weeks ago? You see, my family traveled to Paris when I was a girl and I was lucky enough to experience Parisian street crepes. I have yet to taste a crepe as scrumptious in any restaurant or stand in the U.S.. I have always wanted to try to make my own but it seemed so daunting. But a few weeks ago I was craving Nutella something fierce and a crepe seemed like the perfect vessel. So I went to the internet to find a crepe recipe and was pleasantly surprised that crepes require just a few ingredients and a short amount of time.

Taste: Rich, sweet, fresh, with the distinctive taste of Nutella. Is there anything better than Nutella?     Texture: With practice in cooking the texture of your crepes will improve. My first crepe sucked, the last ones were much better.  Ease: Way easier than most people think. Just a few ingredients and a few minutes cooking time.   Appearance: Nutella + strawberries are pretty much a work of art. Pros: Great for breakfast, snack, or dessert. Easy to throw together & can be customized to fit your tastes.  Cons: None, except it takes a few tries to get down right. Would I make this again? Yes! Especially with the endless flavor combinations.

Sweet Crepes
Adapted from All Recipes
Serves 4

• 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
  • 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
  1. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs. Gradually add in the milk, water, and butter, stirring to combine. Add the salt and flour; beat until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
  3. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot with Nutella and strawberries.

11 Responses to “Sweet Crepes with Nutella & Strawberries”

Caroline — June 10, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Yum! Such a great combination..chocolate and strawberries! So perfectly summery! :-)

Steffany — June 10, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I have been wanting to make my own crepes for years but have been to scared/intimidated, it always seemed so hard LOL !! But I LOVE Nutella and maybe will try this recipe over the weekend !!!

Mindy — June 10, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I made a nutella and strawberry jam crepe cake for my daughter's birthday last week. I don't make crepes often enough, but when I do, I remember how easy they can be. Did you know that you can freeze them as well?!

Maris — June 10, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Yum! WWhat a lovely combination for crepes! Have a nice weekend!

the sweets life — June 10, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I've never made sweet crepes at home, only savory….but it doesn't get much better than this! must try!

Emily — June 10, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Alton Brown(the food nerd guy) said to put the batter in the fridge for an hour before cooking. It apparently does something scientific that went right over my head but I guess it makes them better. I lived in Italy and realllly miss crepes with nutella!

Flavia — June 11, 2011 at 12:33 am

Crepes are known as “crespelle” in Italy and although most people associate them with being French, they are also eaten in Italy. I made crepes for the first time ever last year, and they were delicious! It does take a few tries to get the batter to spread evenly in the pan, but for the most part, they are easy to make. I love that you gave them an Italian twist by using Nutella, and the addition of fresh strawberries puts these over the top. Beautiful!

Nella22 — June 11, 2011 at 5:05 am

yumm, I just saw a crepe cake today I definitely want to make with Nutella and whipped cream layers! This looks sooo good!

lux — June 15, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Yummy! I love crepes and this recipe was simply delicious. For those of you who are vegan, check out this crepe recipe: http://www.fourgreensteps.com/community/recipes/b

Easy Crepe Recipe — October 5, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Nutella and strawberries… just a minute ago I have read a recipe with nutella and kiwi. Those combinations of chocolate and something so fresh just look so puzzling for me. I was intending to make nutella crepes this weekend, however, now I think I will add something like strawberries to them as well… or kiwi…

Carmen — April 9, 2012 at 1:36 am

I just made these and they are absolutely AMAZING! Tastes just like my favorite crepe restaurant! I just made my grocery list for the week using 12 recipes all from your site, thank you!!