4 Responses to “Butcher Block Kitchen Islands”
Leave a Comment
Bite into a muffin and you expect something sweet, probably laced with pieces of fruit or bands of sugar. Everyone has their favorite foods to eat and recipes to make but sometimes it’s nice to make something unexpected. Take these muffins for example. Unlike your typical sweet muffin these guys are savory with crave-worthy salty bites of feta studded throughout. They’re perfect for breakfast or a snack and they even freeze well. Also, you probably have most of the ingredients on hand already. And if you don’t, go to the store and buy them! You won’t regret it.
Taste: Savory & salty.
Texture: Tender with crumbly feta and meaty pepper.
Ease: Pretty easy, requires a little prep but still takes less than 15 minutes to throw together and into the oven.
Appearance: The color threads of green and red are a colorful surprise.
Pros: Simple, quick, nice change from traditional sweet muffin. Perfect snack.
Would I make this again? I’ve got some in the freezer right now!
- 2 cups (10 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) jarred roasted red bell pepper, patted dry and chopped into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) olive oil
- 1 large egg