Today’s post isn’t a recipe one. Instead, I thought it would be fun to share some things you may not know about me. Whenever I read other blogs, whether it be food, fashion, beauty, fitness, home, whatever, I always love to get to know more about the person behind the computer. Hopefully you guys feel the same way!
1. I really dislike mushy foods like beans or peas. I can deal with hummus but I’ve always picked out any beans or peas in my food
2. I also really dislike raw celery, the smell alone makes me gag a little.
3. I lived in Australia for about a year when I was 5 years old. I even went to primary school there and have memories of school uniforms (see the photo below) and receiving lots of attention for my American accent. My little brother was only a baby when we lived there.
4. Now I live in Arizona with my boyfriend of over 4 years who is the guitarist for a touring rock band called The Maine.
5. I own upwards of 50 cookbooks.
6. In junior high I wanted to be a makeup artist. I still love makeup and have way too many MAC and Urban Decay eye shadows.
7. I’ve never broken a bone in my life.
8. I love binge watching television shows.
9. Despite my current ghostly pale skin, I am half Hispanic. My dad is Dominican and my mom is Scottish (I clearly get my mom’s genes). As a kid I was fairly tan, though, I swear! Just look at the photo! Don’t look at the green striped couch, though. What was going on furniture-wise in the 90s?
10. I played the violin in junior high and high school. I gave it up but now I miss playing music.
11. I met Eva Longoria at my dad’s college graduation ceremony when she was still a soap star.
12. I’ve always loved the internet. As a kid back in the days of dial-up I used to get in trouble for spending hours on the internet (creating websites and reading Harry Potter fansites) while tying up the phone line.
13. Our puppy, Chewie, was born last Christmas. He’s the only dog I know who doesn’t like peanut butter.
14. While drafting this post I included something about how much cockroaches creep me out. A few hours later, a cockroach comes crawling across my living room floor.
15. This past summer the photographer for my ice cream sandwich cookbook, Cookies & Cream, came to my house in Arizona to shoot the book photos using the ice cream sandwiches I had prepared. My air conditioning broke on the second day of shooting. Miraculously the team managed to get all the shots.
16. I wish Ron Swanson, Tom Haverford, and Liz Lemon were all real people.
17. I have triple citizenship.
18. I have always been very entrepreneurial and my number one career goal is to work for myself.
19. A major pet peeve of mine is when people start a sentence with “no offense, but…”
20. I have an awful singing voice but that doesn’t stop me from belting out the lyrics to every song on my playlist when I’m driving (alone) in my car. Thank god that Motormouth show was cancelled…